Special Show Info Session
A special spring show information session has been scheduled just prior to our usual general meeting. Starting at 1pm on Monday, March 2, This session will cover:
- Help with the on-line show registration
- Acceptance of paper registrations and payments. Paper forms will be available.
- The Standards Committee will be available to give advice in the event that you have an entry for the show and are not sure if it meets SPAC Standards. So if you are weaving rainbows with moonbeams and attaching stars and are wondering if this meets standards, please bring an example of your work and the Standards committee will gladly help.
Donations for door prizes for the show will be gratefully accepted!
2020 Spring Show Artist Submissions
We are happy to announce that we are now accepting online artist submissions from our members for SPAC’s 2020 Spring Show. You will find the links to the forms, along with critical show information, policies and an instructional video on the Spring Show Artists page.
Sooke Fine Art Show
The Call to Artists for the 2020 Sooke Fine Arts Show is now open. Visit their website for more information.
Our colleagues at the Sidney Fine Art Show Organizing Committee are also looking for a volunteer Advertising Coordinator to manage the advertising and production of the show catalog in conjunction with their ad agency, Holy Cow. Anyone who is interested can download the job description and application details using this link.
- Colour, Contrast and Cacophony! New workshop for May 23-24. Take a look!
- Last chance for the Yupo workshop with Tamra Sheline on May 30/31. Only 6 seats left! Registration for this course will close March 20, 2020.
- Letting Loose with Watercolour (March 27-29) – Wait list is open, register now!
- Going fast: Creating Compelling Light (Oct. 23-25) – Register now, only 4 seats left!
Spring Show Patrons
The exclusive Patron’s Gala is an important aspect of our spring show. All members should be promoting the benefits of becoming a patron to friends, family and acquaintances. To help, we have a new promo card to help in the discussion. Take a look!
2020 Point of View Photo
At November’s general meeting, SPAC members chose “Umbrellas in the Sky” by Anne Teichroew, a member of Sidney Shutterbugs Photo Club, as 2020’s Point of View photo.
Please use this photo as your inspiration for an innovative piece of art in any medium: painting, drawing, pottery, fabric art, paper craft, 2D or 3D. There is no limit as to what you can do although we would appreciate it if the art does not exceed about 24″ x 30″ due to space limitations.
The POV art will be displayed at the Mary Winspear Center for the month of April & part of May in 2020.