Celebrating its 70th anniversary in 2023, the Saanich Peninsula Arts and Crafts Society (SPAC) supports the arts in:
- Greater Victoria region (Victoria, Oak Bay, Saanich, Langford, Colwood, Metchosin, Sooke, Highlands, View Royal)
- Saanich Peninsula (Sidney, Central and North Saanich, Saanich Inlet)
- Gulf Islands (Salt Spring, Pender, Mayne, Galiano, Saturna)
Applications for membership are only open to residents of one of these areas.
Annual Membership Fee:
- Individual $35
- Family Primary $45
- Family Non-Primary $0
2024 Membership Year: January 1 to December 31, 2024
2024 Memberships Available for Purchase: October 1, 2023 through to September 30, 2024
Activities & Member Benefits
Held monthly, the first Monday of October through June at the Mary Winspear Centre in Sidney, BC.
- October, April, May and June: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- November, December, February and March: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- January Social: 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
In addition to keeping up-to-date regarding SPAC activities and business, meetings include:
- Guest speaker – discussing their art and a presentation of their work
- Displays of member-featured artwork
- Meet and mingle social, refreshxments & light snacks
- Borrowing library of art-related books
- Door prizes!
SPAC Andrew Stewart Memorial Member Scholarship
The annual Scholarship honours two current members for their exceptional dedication and volunteer service to SPAC. Recipients can use the funding to further their studies in an area related to visual arts
Art Chat Newsletter
Emailed monthly between October and June, Art Chat is SPAC’s internal newsletter. An informative, interesting and fun journal of SPAC’s happenings.
2024 Spring Art Show
SPAC is renown for its long-running, members-only, non-juried Spring Art Show – held in April at the Mary Winspear Centre in Sidney, BC.
To be an exhibiting artist at the Show, your 2024 membership application form and payment must have been received by December 31, 2023.
We love bringing in guest artists to put on extended, in-depth training workshops. Annual calendar is available online.
Point of View Challenge
Each year, SPAC hosts our Point of View Challenge. After voting for one of several photographs from Sidney Shutterbugs, members create their own interpretation of the photo. Delightfully creative, the results are exhibited at the Mary Winspear Centre in Sidney.
Every February, we fill some of those dark, dreary winter days with something amazing: the Marvelous February Mini-Workshops. These peer-taught classes cover everything from advanced techniques to fun crafts. They are so popular, the majority of seats fill within the first few days of being offered!