Saanich Fair Exhibition & Sale – Labour Day Weekend
We need your art, old and new!
SPAC has been asked to put on an art show and sale at the Saanich Fair over Labour Day weekend, Sept 4, 5, and 6, 2021. This is very short notice, but we are up for it!
There is no entry fee. (Sales will be cash and carry. SPAC will keep 20%).
Due to the short notice, submissions will be taken online only via the SPAC Members’ website (https://members.spacsociety.com) starting August 5, 2021 at 9 AM. Entries will close August 20 at 11:59 PM.
(Note: if you do not have an account on the Members-only website, or are unsure if you have an account–which is completely separate from your SPAC membership–please click on this link for more information.)
- Hanging art of any kind will be limited to 4 pieces. We will hang as many as possible as we work with the space allotted, so please list the works in your submission in order of preference in case we need to limit the number of works displayed.
- 3D art will be limited to 10 pieces, and will also be displayed as space permits.
- SPAC standards will apply as per our spring show.
- We will allow older work from prior shows, up to 5 years ago, exhibited or not. This is an opportunity to possibly sell some of your back inventory. Note that works displayed at this exhibit will not be eligible for the 2022 Spring Show.
- You must be responsible for insuring your own art against loss or theft. We will have volunteer security for all hours of the show and the buildings are locked at night, but please be aware that the public, including all ages, will be walking through the show.
- It is vitally important that your art pieces are labelled with the your name and item number (matching your form). Labels MUST BE SECURE. For smaller items, please tie the label on. If the label comes off, we can’t credit you with a sale!
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Check in will be 10 AM – 2 PM on Thursday, Sept. 2, 2021 at the GALLERY in the Saanich Fairgrounds. Just drive straight up the driveway and the Gallery is directly ahead. Parking in front and nearby.
Pick up will be 10 AM – 2 PM on Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2021.
You are requested to volunteer, particularly if you have entered the show. You can indicate your willingness to volunteer on the submission form. We also welcome those not entering the show who are willing to volunteer. Further info on volunteers will follow.
I recognize that many are still nervous about being in public. However, if we don’t have enough volunteers to cover all the days and hours, we can’t do this! Subject to change, social distancing, mandatory masking and traffic flow controls are planned.
The exhibition hours will be: Sat/Sun 9-7, and Monday 9-6.
We have no time to take out media ads, so…
As with the recent online exhibition, a poster will be emailed to all members to pass on to family and friends. We will also send out an invitation to our Patrons. We are depending on our members to spread the word.
We look forward to your entry!
SPAC Show Chair