2022 Spring Show Artist Information
Updated Jan. 9, 2022
Mary Winspear is enthusiastic to play host to our in-person show coming April, with strict COVID-19 compliance, of course. Obviously, if things change, protocols will be revisited, but, for now, we forge ahead!
We are also excited to announce that this year we will be putting on a virtual show to compliment the in-person show at Mary Winspear and extend our sales potential.
Sections in this post:
- Volunteer Positions
- Important Dates
- Call for Artists
We are looking to fill a couple of roles ahead of the show as well as during the show itself:
- Computer Buddies: Looking for some volunteers to be phone buddies who would be available to help others fill out the online entry form(s). Should be comfortable using a computer. Training provided.
- Virtual Show Data Entry: We require a computer-comfortable person, willing to learn to add a “sold” sign to virtual show entries as they are scooped up during the in person show. Busy for 3 or 4 days only!
- Publicity Volunteers: Are needed to help deliver rack cards beginning March 1, and posters (2 different ones) mid-Feb and end of March. (Members will also be emailed posters to send on to friends and family.)
If you are interested in taking on one of the above pre-show positions, please contact email@example.com.
Sign-Up Genius will be used once again for general volunteering at the Spring Show. Starting March 1st, please click on this link to go to the show’s SUG page.
Important Dates & Times
Artist Submission Period (including virtual show)
Opens: Tuesday, February 15th
Deadline: 11:59pm, Sunday, March 20th
Sale of 1/2 Price Member Tickets
February 15 through April 24
2D & Gift Shop
Wednesday, April 20th, from 10am to 3pm
3D & Jewelry
Thursday, April 21 from 10am to noon
Private Patron Gala
Friday, April 22nd
Patrons & Guests: 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
Artists & Guests: 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm ($25 per person)
Public In-Person Show Hours
Saturday, April 23rd – 10am to 8pm
Sunday, April 24th – 10am to 4pm
Virtual Show Dates
Patrons-only Preview: 9am, April 21st – 4pm, April 22nd
Public Viewing & Sales: April 25th – June 15th, 2022
Sold Art Pickup by Customers
Sunday, April 24th from 4:30pm
Unsold Art Collection by Artists
Sunday, April 24th – 5pm NOT EARLIER!
Call for Artists
We will be accepting entries from our member-artists starting February 15th through March 20th, 2022. You must read the exhibition guides and submission instructions prior to submitting an application to the show.
- 2D Hanging art, which requires wall space to be exhibited, is limited to 4 pieces.
- 3D art and jewelry is limited to 20 pieces.
- Each artist may enter a maximum of 20 pieces, including all categories.
- If the show is over-subscribed, we reserve the right to reduce the number of entries at check in.
- 2D Hanging art, which requires wall space to be exhibited, is limited to 2 pieces with a max. size of 18” X 18”.
- 3D art and Jewelry are not limited.
- Each artist may enter a maximum of 50 pieces including all categories.
- If the show is over-subscribed we reserve the right to reduce the number of entries at check in.
- Limit of 4 pieces of art of any category. If only entering the virtual show, the art must be of the same standard to qualify for the main gallery. If you are entering work for the main gallery, then the same item(s) must be the one(s) submitted for the virtual show. We are limiting the virtual show to a total of 200 pieces for an enjoyable experience; any more and folks will fall asleep! Therefore, it is ‘first come, first served’. Get your entries in early.
This year’s entry fee varies depending the number and combination of display areas for which one submits artwork. See the table below for a breakdown. The total fee listed below covers all items submitted up to the limits given above.
|Main Gallery||Gift Shop||Virtual Show||Total Fee|
Members may enter the in-person show by filling out an electronic web-form online or by downloading and printing a form from our website, filling it out manually, and mailing it along with a cheque. There is no form drop-off at Tulista, nor can you pick up a blank form at Island Blue. Note that the virtual show can only be entered via the electronic form.
Note: If you wish to download, print and fill out a paper form and pay be cheque, please see the Paper Forms section below.
When using the electronic forms, you must pay electronically (i.e. using a credit card, VISA or MasterCard debit card, PayPal account, or e-transfer.)
You can view a short video explaining how to fill out the online form by clicking here.
Links to forms:
- Mail Gallery Electronic form
- Gift Shop Electronic form
- Virtual Show Electronic form
Note that the forms will not be available until the submission period begins.
You can download, print, and fill out the forms below. You must read the Instructions before filling out the form(s).
You must pay by cheque if using printable forms.. Completed paper submission forms and cheques made payable to “SPAC” should be mailed to:
SPAC Spring Show
Please mail your printed application as soon as possible to ensure it reaches us by March 20th. We are not responsible for forms arriving after the deadline, whether due to late mailing or delays in processing or loss by Canada Post. The date of posting/postmark is irrelevant.
Other Entry Info
- Jewelers, please watch for the new information/instructions which will be posted online.
- All 3D and jewelry artists: Please use AVERY labels to identify your art. Other, less expensive labels fall off. If we can’t identify your piece of art, we can’t give you your commission! Tags that can be attached by string are best.
- For the main gallery and virtual show, there is a minimum price of $200 for paintings and $75 for 3D and jewelry pieces.
- Gift shop minimum item price is $5 with no maximum.
If you still need advice about filling in the electronic form after viewing the video, or downloading the printable form, please contact the artist submission support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name and phone number, and one of our helpers will contact you. On the other hand, if there is a technical problem with the form, video or any other aspect of our website, please contact the website administrator using the form found here.
Our patrons make up about 85% of the sales at our shows. It is vitally important, for the success of our shows, to therefore expand our Patron list. There are hundreds of new people living in Sidney since our last show in 2019, and they can be recruited to become Patrons.
The Patron Program works as follows:
The Patron buys a “patronage” for $150. In exchange, he/she receives an invitation for 2 people to our Patron’s Gala on the Friday night before the show opens to the public–this year it is April 22 at 6:30 pm. They also receive a $100 gift certificate towards the purchase of art in our main gallery.
So for $50, they get an evening of hot tapas, served by our volunteer members, wine from local vineyards, live guitar music, and the opportunity to purchase our amazing art prior to the show. It is the BEST KEPT SECRET in Sidney!
We are depending on our members to recruit one or two patrons this year. It’s actually quite easy! I asked my doctor and my lawyer to support us in return for the wonderful evening, and they both said yes immediately! So give it a try! The promo material and application forms are on the website to be downloaded and printed. Also, we will have some beautiful promotional rack cards available for pickup from several people. If interested, please contact email@example.com to be put in touch with a distributor.
Member 1/2 Price Tickets
Since we are not having in-person general meetings, where I can bore you with show information and give out tickets, our amazing webmaster has made the 1/2 price members’ tickets available online. Your receipt, which you receive as an email, will act as your ticket.
There is no limit to how many tickets you may purchase. If you are purchasing multiple tickets for friends, make copies of your receipt as many times as you as recipients. We will check them off as they enter.
For now, FINGERS CROSSED that the virus allows us to have our show.
Wendy Woollard, 2021 Show Chair