Note: This workshop has concluded.
May 3 to 5, 2019 (9 am to 4 pm)
David Langevin is a prolific and accomplished painter of “trees and rocks, water and sky, mountains and snow.” He has a personally distinctive painting style which includes extensive use of texture effects and transparent layers of glazes. As part of his commitment to the training and development of artists his web site is a treasure trove of technical tips and information on painting materials and techniques.
Web site: www.davidlangevin.com
Registration requires a non-refundable registration cheque (current date) of $100 and a post-dated cheque for the balance of $250 (non-members $345) dated April 3, 2019. (See below for e-transfer instructions.) If a workshop is overbooked at the time of your application your cheques will register your name on the wait-list, and will be refunded if a place in the class is not available.
- You will not be registered until both cheques have been received; upon receipt of your cheques you will be sent confirmation of registration by email.
- The cheque for the balance will become non-refundable if you cancel your participation during the month preceding the workshop and another participant cannot be found to fill your place in the class.
Your cheques should be made payable to “Saanich Peninsula Arts and Crafts Society” and mailed to:
P.O. Box 2542
Sidney, BC V8L 4B9.
Please place the name of the workshop on the front of your cheque.
If you wish to use e-transfer to pay either the registration fee and/or the balance of the workshop fee, you must first contact email@example.com to register, receive confirmation that you are registered or wait-listed, and to receive a password.
Send the e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must also use the memo option in e-transfer to identify the following:
- Workshop name/date
- Signify either ‘Registration payment’ or ‘Balance of workshop payment’
McTavish Academy of Art, 1720 McTavish Road, North Saanich, BC
Come prepared to take notes, ask questions, and to paint.
Here is a list of the supplies you will need:
- Acrylic paints. Do not bring Golden Open acrylic paints. Important: do not buy additional paints before the workshop: bring what you have. If you have none, don’t bring any paints.
- Acrylic Gloss Medium (not ‘gel’), or Golden GAC 500 – do not bring Golden Glazing Liquid
- Large water container and rags
- Paint brushes and palette
- 4 painting supports, approx. 16×20 (canvas or painting board)